Wednesday, January 30, 2008

School

"School" is going well for us. What seems to work best is a minimal amount of "school time." Having a little bit of school every day actually seems to help the day go more smoothly than no school at all. Pauly seems to like all of school now. He's no longer struggling with reading and he is tearing through the math book and only a few lessons away from completing it. "School time" is also a time for me to remember to sit and read as many books as they want. Often I'm too lazy or self-focused to do that otherwise.

So, there.

2 comments:

  1. We're also starting to do little 10 minute blocks of "school". Will let you know how that goes.

    I have found that I HAVE to schedule blocks of time to read to the kids, or else it just gets lost in the day because when I'm ready to read they are busy with something else, but then when they are wanting me to read, I'm in the middle of my own stuff. If I schedule it, like an hour right after lunch, then we get the books in, and everybody feels happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to know that other moms have the same issues! I'm particularly bad at focusing on myself and not being responsive to the kids, and scheduled time really helps me attend better to them.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know.