Monday, September 08, 2008

Stuff

So I'm going to be applying for a state "Emergency Substitute Teacher" license, so I can hopefully pick up some work while Bob is on a shortened work week.

I'm not sure how much good it will do. It will cost money to get the license, and it could take as long as 6 weeks. I'm not sure how long it takes on average. Since I don't know how long Bob will be on shortened work weeks, I could pay for the license, order it and not actually do any teaching before I get it and apply at an actual school district. However, once I do it, it is done. I would have to renew it, but I wouldn't have to go through the application process again. This could be handy in case of a possible strike in 2010 when Bob's union will be negotiating with his company for the new contract.

So that's the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.