Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mandy Patinkin

I went to see him with my mom last night! We had a fun time. I wasn't sure what to expect, and he was certainly funnier than I expected. I had heard he had a beautiful voice; I don't know if his voice was tired or what but while I thought it was competent it didn't seem especially beautiful to me. It seemed a bit weak at times, especially in the upper octaves. Maybe I'm just being picky. . .thanks, Bob, now you've turned me into a music snob as well as a food snob!

It was fun, though. Paul Ford was fantastic on the piano, and Mandy Patinkin was exuberant and energetic. There were some interesting musical selections, and a few where I felt I would appreciate them more if I was familiar with whatever musical they were from. I wasn't expecting to hear the Hokey Pokey in Yiddish, and I certainly wasn't expecting to be asked to stand up and dance it!

He ended the show with the quote: "My name is Inigo Montoya. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.