Friday, April 15, 2011

Soccer

Soccer has taken over our lives.

With two boys in soccer (and only two!) we have practices on three evenings a week and games on one weekday evening and Saturday morning. It has meant that all the kids are getting to bed later on a regular basis, especially the girls who beforehand and usually been in bed and asleep by 7:30 or so, and it means that I am constantly thinking about what we have each evening, whether there are clean soccer socks and shorts, etc. I will admit that Roger wore the same pair of socks two evenings in a row this week when I just didn't get the laundry washed. I think we may need to invest in a few more pairs.

I'm naturally a homebody and like to stick to a routine, so this is definitely a stressful time. On the other hand, the boys, especially Pauly, really need to be out moving around. Pauly would be happy spending all his time sitting on his bum reading or playing video games. He will be active if we go to a playground, but it is a struggle to get him outside and moving around at home. It has been very nice to see him at soccer practice and games. He is obviously out of shape and needs to work on endurance, but he has been giving it his best and doesn't stop trying. Roger has been enjoying himself as well. Still, I'm glad that this will only last a few more weeks before the end of the season. I'll enjoy just having evenings at home again!

No pics to share because I am too forgetful to take any. Maybe I'll get some done before the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know.