Friday, September 01, 2006

Things have been going well

Things are going well lately. That's all. Not too exciting to write about, but it was kind of exciting to think about today. I haven't turned into psycho-banshee-mommy much at all recently, I can't recall the last time. I'm feeling better and more in control of everything, and the kids seem to be somewhat happier. And even when they do burst into tears (because they're sensitive guys) it doesn't bother me.

I think one thing that has helped a lot is Roger's increased ability to engage in imaginative play. He can play with Pauly, and they keep playing together for longer periods of time. More importantly, I think I've had a better attitude. I've borrowed a couple positive discipline books from the library, and I really notice the change in myself after I read them, even if I don't agree with all their suggestions. And the kids behave better when I have a better attitude.

Although I'd still like to know how to get them to pick up their room.

2 comments:

  1. Well, in order to get them to pick up their rooms, you'll probably have to go crazy-wacko-banshee Mom on them. The back of your hand might help, as might a chair, or a broken-off beer bottle (just smash that newly emptied one on the edge of the table). After a few trips to the emergency room ("No, seriously officer, he just fell in the wood chipper."), they should get the message.
    OR- We could throw all of their stuff away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ma 'pider!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Let me know.